Amazing Facts about Plumbing
Living organisms regardless of humans, animals, plants, and microorganisms require water when it comes to survival. Apart from the survival of the living organisms, water is required for additional things such as bathing, cooking, cultivation of crops, and more. All these are possible thanks to the availability of the plumbing system. One of the first inventions of the plumbing system was introduced by the likes of Greeks, Indians, Chinese, Romans, and Persians. Let’s focus on some of the most interesting and amazing facts about the plumbing system.
- Since we all know the concept of hot and cold running water, initially it was the Greeks who understood this concept. Moreover, the Greeks were known to be the first and only ones to introduce shower technology for athletes.
- Initially, the Romans were the first when it comes to introducing the concept of a water channel where the water can travel easily from mountain to city.
- Straw and baked clay were widely used in the making of plumbing pipes commercially. Interestingly, it was the Egyptians who used copper wires in the making of plumbing pipes in the early days.
- On the birthday of Queen Elizabeth 1, she had received a flushable toilet as a gift by an individual named John Harrington. But rumors stated that she was freaked out of using the toilet. This was due to the loud-gushing sound made by the toilet after every use.
- Alexander Cumming was the first individual who patented the modern toilet in the year 1775 as we use today.
If you find plumbing problems and need professional assistance, then go online and search for ‘Coffs Harbour, plumbers near me’.